2808 W. 120 Ter.
Leawood, KS 66209
Creating over 12,000,000 impressions this year, Pellet Envy is a competition barbecue team established in 2001. Traveling the country competing, teaching and promoting barbecue, the team will log over 35,000 miles and come face to face with 2.3 million enthusiastic spectators in 2009. Currently the top team in the U.S., Pellet Envy leverages their status and brand equity to obtain high visibility, high traffic sites at events from Washington, DC to Las Vegas. The team success results a flood of national and regional media opportunities and their mobile kitchen is a rolling billboard, attracting attention where ever they go.
Crisscrossing the country competing, catering, teaching and promoting barbecue, it's only natural that one of the country's top barbeque teams hails from Kansas City - a city best known for its barbeque. Rod has a great passion for barbeque and outdoor cooking, haven proven it by going to culinary battle in over 250 events all over the US in the last eight years. In that time, he has won more than his share of championships and has ended the season as a top nationally ranked competitor seven years running. Last year Pellet Envy won more contests than any other team in the country; all while educating and promoting barbeque. Even better, with less than a dozen perfect scores awarded since 2007, Pellet Envy lays claim to three of them, something nobody else can say. Named the best rib cook in the country in 2007 according to the Kansas City Barbeque Society, Rod also teaches his style of barbeque to sell out crowds all across the nation. In fact, in less than a baker's dozen of events, he has taught over 500 knowledge thirsty students, many of whom have gone on to thrilling victories in competition barbecue. Additionally, Rod Gray has been invited to compete in the grand daddy of them all, the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational, six times in his short career. Summed up, he's pretty much a barbecue rock star. In fact, currently he's the best brisket cook in the country and leads the race for best barbecue pit master of 2009.
2008 & 2009 Awards
- 2009 Grand Champion - Smokin' Blues & BBQ Challenge, Hammond, Louisianna
- 2009 Grand Champion - 6th Annual Smokin' In The Creek Cook-off, Sugar Creek, Missouri
- 2009 Grand Champion - 2nd Annual Wheatstock Grill-Off, Abilene, Kansas
- 2009 Grand Champion - 10th Annual Central Kansas Barbecue Cook-Off, Great Bend, Kansas
- 2008 Grand Champion - 5th Annual Smokin? In The Creek Cook-off, Sugar Creek, Missouri
- 2008 Grand Champion - Boots and BBQ, Claremore, Oklahoma
- 2008 Grand Champion - BBQ'Loo & Blues Too, Waterloo, Iowa
- 2008 Grand Champion - BBQ In The Park, La Porte, Iowa
- 2008 Grand Champion - Ribs, Rods & Rock 'n Roll, Vermillion, South Dakota
- 2008 Grand Champion - BBQ From The Heart, Dickinson, North Dakota
- 2008 Grand Champion - Smoke On The Water, Hot Springs, Arkansas
- 2008 Grand Champion - Bikes, Blues & BBQ, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- Individual category wins: 73
- Total awards: Too many to count
|View Product Profile|